Your children face an increasing level of censorship and punishment for their Christian values that you’ve worked so hard to instill. But students have more freedom to express their faith than you may realize. When a school tries to silence your child’s expression of faith, we are here to help.
Your child CAN:
- Pray at school.
- Talk about God in class assignments.
- Start a religious club on campus that receives the same rights and resources as other clubs.
- Freely share their faith with others.
As a parent, you CAN:
- Opt your child out of curriculum that would require them to violate your family's religious beliefs.
- Choose the best educational environment for your child, such as charter school, private school, or homeschool.
What We're Doing About It
Defending the rights of students and parents
Informing parents and students about their rights
Helping shape state legislation that gives parents educational options
Proactively researching unconstitutional policies and demanding changes
Individual victories by Alliance Defending Freedom can have a multiplying effect on other schools, impacting millions of school children. We're here to protect the right of students to freely live out their faith during each stage of their education — from kindergarten through college.Explore Cases
Stay informed about religious freedom, the sanctity of life, and marriage and family.Sign Up
Find out More About Religious Discrimination in Public Schools
Religious FreedomWhy I’m Participating in Selina’s Run
If we are silent, it is women and girls that will suffer—relegated to the sidelines of their own sports.
Religious FreedomRun a Mile in Selina’s Shoes
If Selina was courageous enough—as a high schooler—to speak up, then we can lace up our shoes and hit the pavement to show our support.